17 October 2008

Changes

Having had our trusty boat for six years now, we know what we like and what we don’t like. To be fair, there’s not much we don’t like about her but that doesn’t stop me dreaming about the things I could change – a bigger galley, granite worktops, new floors, a cross bed and of course, the purpose-built-designed-round-his-blessed-incipient-synthesizer-repair-shop L-shaped dinette. Plus a whole host of more minor modifications as I got completely carried away with myself. In fact, I did a wish list of improvements and then made a rough mental calculation as to how much it would cost. Mmm, I reckon 15 grand would just about cover it.  Time to start collecting again. I’ve already had generous donations of receipts, toffees and a conker from my previous motorhome appeal and I found a fiver in my jeans yesterday so only another £14995 to go.  

No comments: