11 November 2008

A slipper up

Sometimes I can be a bit thick. Despite having a good degree from a very fine university, I can on occasion forget that I have any brain cells whatsoever.

Take today for instance. I own five greyhounds at the last count, yes? And I have to go and buy a pair of slippers that don’t just set records for furriness but also do a fair imitation of a small mammal. As a result, the dogs have been savaging my feet all afternoon, with Ranger and Monty at one point undoing me with a sly pincer movement. They think it's Christmas come early. The slippers are lovely and cosy though...well, were....

3 comments:

Nb Yarwood said...

Wabitts, wabitts! Why are you wearing wabitts? Pom poms next?

Anonymous said...

Funny you should say that. I bought some slippers for the first time in my life on friday, ignoring the fact that they look like two fluffy animals. So far they've been thrown and chased all over the lounge and have spent a LOT of time as dog pillows.
Sue, Indigo Dream
ps. some consolation - slipper buying wasn't on my degree curriculum. Was it on yours?

Anonymous said...

How are your slippers doing? I found one slipper in Lou's bed this evening, the other has disappeared without a trace - I've only had them 6 days!
Sue, indigo Dream
ps. This is why we love your blog - it's so topical!