09 January 2009

Fighting the flab

I know what you're thinking...that Greygal, she's probably wimped out of her diet, seduced by all those Christmas temptations. We haven't had much scales action lately have we? QED.


Well, the fact of the matter is that this is the first time in three weeks that I've actually been home on weighing in day. But even so, it was not with a little trepidation that I stepped on this morning, expecting to be disappointed....would all those Thorntons chocs on Boxing Day come back to haunt me? I closed my eyes and slowly opened them to read the dial and....cor, a 10 pound loss! I'm pretty chuffed with that, not least because it means I'm past half way, with 35 pounds down, just another 28 to go! My BMI is also looking a lot more respectable now - officially I'm just overweight as opposed to dangerously heffalump like. One thing I have realised is that when I eventually reach target, I will have lost more than a 25KG bag of Taybrite. Coo, that's a lot of slag to carry around...

1 comment:

Lesley NB Caxton said...

As a fellow 'Essex Girl' 'I resent that remark' or is it, 'I resemble that remark?'
Well done Greygal I am impressed!!