16 July 2008

Ready for the off

I’m delighted that Andy on Khayamanzi has got himself all sealed up – it’s just days before the off and it would have been rather heart-breaking for a much looked-forward to summer holiday to have hit the skids at the 11th hour. While I’m pleased for our resident deputy head, I’m also delighted for me, because Andy’s cruise posts are always very good value. He really covers the ground and reports back in plenty of detail. Anyone falling in with him is also guaranteed to meet a very considerate gent – he’s one of the few boaters I’ve ever met who was courteous enough to ask whether we’d mind if he ran his engine for a bit to charge the batteries. And this was after we’d interloped into one of his favourite spots! Happy cruising, Andy – just keep an eye out in those locks!

No comments: