05 August 2008

Reading between the headlines

I don’t know about you but sometimes I read a headline in the paper or on the web and I immediately conjure up the rest of the story. Except when I read on, the real story bears no relation to the one I’d just thought up. Take today, for instance, when I saw the following Google News alert:

"Was it an organ found in the St Petersburg Canal?"

Now in light of my recent post here, my mind instantly leapt to some poor wife, tired of her husband cluttering up the place with his keyboards, finally breaking and chucking his prize Roland into the cut. I could see it all, the shouts, the threats, the fateful toss, the recriminations, the fruitless search, the divorce. What they actually found was a lung. Okay, so she murdered him too...

2 comments:

Nb Yarwood said...

An Aqua Lung!

Dogsontour by Greygal said...

Get back in your knife box, Miss Sharp