25 June 2008

An all dog post


My dogs are very excited. Forget the excessively cute pics from Marmaduke (near left) and Caxton, we’ve had a real challenge. Blue of Indigo Dream has had his mummy read the latest blog entry to him and he has decided to take on all five of mine in the "who can make the biggest smell" competition. His mum Sue says ‘We've told him he doesn't have to and we'll still love him even if he doesn't win but he's giving it his all!’ We’re lobbying for this to become a sideshow attraction at the Black Country National...

Actually, this is not just a fart post. I meant to say much earlier on that I happen to know someone who outdoes me in the dogs on board department. There’s a 70 footer called Knot Mushroom (it took me ages to get the joke and there's me with a Classical edukashun) that is a waterborne kennel for seven miniature dachshunds. They used to have a 57 footer but upgraded for the sake of their pooches. I think the first boat was called Really Knot Mushroom...


P.S. All these lucky dogs remind me of all the unlucky ones still out there. One of the saddest aspects of grey ownership in particular is the crushing realisation that you can't save them all. At the moment, these two oldies - Briddy and Shamlas - are looking for a home in which to wile away their days in comfort and safety after having been rescued by the RSPCA from a cruel owner. We would if we could but I can't afford to rename the boat You Must Be Joking. If anyone can help, please get in touch with RGT Croftview






No comments: