18 June 2008

Loo lines: The sequel

John on Alacrity left a great comment on the blog the other day following my Loo Lines posting:

"On Alacrity there is a rule that whoever blocks the loo unblocks it.I have to say that in 19 years it has only been blocked once when a little girl used Kleenex high strength tissues instead of loo roll and stalled the macerator.It took three hours to take it apart and unwind the tissue.I did the repair on the towpath much to the disgust of passers by."

Well, you know, a man’s got to do what a man’s got to do. And what a gent – I’d have given the girl a spanner and told her to get on with it....

I’m going to continue with the bog theme for this post as I am on a bit of a loo roll at the moment. Loo roll, geddit? I know, I won’t be giving up the day job anytime soon....Right, now those of you who have been paying attention will know that I have been in touch with Lee Sanitation recently. And as well as the base assembly for my Magnum Opus vacuflush WC, I’ve also ordered a new tank probe and gauge that will offer up more useful information than simply ‘Green and you’re good to go’ and ‘Red and you’re screwed’. A is completely happy with the switch, largely because he doesn’t know what can happen once the four legged bog beastie is in the tank. Let’s hope he never reads Bruce’s Sanity blog or the sh*t will be hitting the fan as well as the probe.

To help fit the new unit, I’ve also ordered a universal flange. Don’t you just love the word ‘flange’? It has an almost onomatopoeic quality about it, which I bet is the most poetic thing anyone had said about a plastic bog bit. I was also tempted to buy a self pump-out kit but just had visions of losing control and standing helplessly by as the hose serpentined rather too vigorously and manured everything in sight. I’ll stick with the industrial suckers I think – they’re more than a match for our own Magna Opera.

No comments: