12 June 2008

The pen is mightier than the magnet

I see the Pen Fishing Rod has tickled Granny Buttons’ fancy. Andrew classes it as one of those things he doesn’t really need, but really, really wants. Hey, welcome to my life! You would think that a telescopic fishing rod that you can put in your pocket, even one with a far from shabby 5lb breaking strain, wouldn’t really be up to much. But as Mac off Skyy reports, it really does work and he has a picture of the fish to prove it! Apparently, it's even been featured on Chris Evans' Drive Time show on Radio 2, taking it to an audience of at least three people...

I think I’ve seen one of these rods advertised in the marine pot-pourri that is the Nauticalia catalogue. Nauticalia are the brains behind the narrowboater’s best friend, the Sea Searcher magnet. But what is it with me and my orange hunk of attraction? Other people score amazing success with theirs, hauling out windlasses, mooring pins, piling hooks, mallets, gold doubloons, mini subs, et al. And me? I just get nails and iron filings. I'd hook more with that titchy rod. Oh hang on, no, actually, I’m wrong, I did once triumphantly recover my trowel. That was an invaluable haul as a girl can’t be without her pooper scooper, you never know when a Granny may be watching...

No comments: